Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Day After Christmas
*click all pictures to enlarge*



Hello everyone. I sure hope you enjoyed Christmas. We sure did! We had lots of family and friends for Christmas dinner. We had a total 16 people. It was great food, fun, and fellowship! Oh, there were presents too. Actually, I am typing this to you from my big Christmas present.....a MAC COMPUTER *screams*!! The only thing is, I have to purchase a new graphics program just for Mac. My other one won't work on a Mac *pouts* but I should be getting that this week, so don't fret my members of Whimsical Beginnings! I will have lots of goodies for you realllllll soooonnnn!!

Now speaking of goodies (of the edible kind), I have a few pictures for you and a few recipes. These are all-time favorites so try them out at your next gathering. They are always a hit.....but beware.....you may be asked to bring them next as well!! LOL

Here is a picture of my peanut butter balls. This recipe was Kenny's Mom's recipe. She always made them at Christmas. So, after she passed on, I have carried on this tradition since. They are sooooo wonderful. I think they might have been a school cafeteria recipe, as I remember getting these for lunch in elementary school.....way back when! hee hee! Here's the recipe.

Peanut Butter Balls

3/4 lb. melted margarine
3/4 c. peanut butter
1 lb. rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 lbs. powered sugar
1/2 lb. raisins
1 pt. coconut (Optional)
1 1/4 c. chopped nuts
**********
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 stick paraffin

**********
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips and paraffin. Make into about 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Stick a toothpick into each ball. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Melt chocolate and paraffin. Dip each ball and place back on waxed-paper-lined cookie sheet. Remove toothpicks and ENJOY!!


Potato Candy
These are Brandon's favorite!

They are so
yummy. Now I do have the recipe to share, but it is not measured out.
Here's What To Do.....
Cook one small potato. Remove the skin and mash the potato very well in a bowl! Start adding powdered sugar and mix together with a fork (eventually you will use your hands). You want to make it into a nice dough.....so add more sugar to a gooey dough to make it more firm. You still want the dough soft, so don't get too dry. You just have to judge this for your self. Knead it with your hands to a smooth texture. Sprinkle a sheet of waxed paper well. Roll the dough out on the waxed paper. You will want to roll it out until about 1/4 inch thick. (At this point, sometimes I cut my dough in half--it just makes the candy not as thick when rolled). Cover the dough with peanut butter. Then, start at one side and begin to roll up the dough. Cut the ends off as they won't be real pretty. Cut this roll into slices (you will have pinwheels). I usually cut them a bit smaller than 1/2 inch thick. They cut really nice with a sharp knife, you don't really need to cut with dental floss. YUM!!

The best cheese ball EVER!!
I make this for Christmas every year as it is expected by everyone! LOL I also make it for other special occassions. It is awesome!
Sorry I didn't get a picture, but everyone started eating it before I could.
Here's the recipe for you:

BEST CHEESE BALL EVER
INGREDIENTS:
2 8 oz. crem cheese, room temp.
1 small can curshed pineapple, drained
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
1/2 Tbsp. season salt
3/4 c. chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients except nuts. Form into a ball. Place on waxed paper in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove and roll ball on nuts. Chill. Then allow to become room tep. before serving. Serve with favoirte crackers. Enjoy! YUM-O!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin