Wednesday, January 14, 2009

*KIDNAPPED*

After several years of marriage, I decided to plan a little trip for our Valentine Wedding Anniversary.  I wanted this to be a surprise, so my secret plans began.  I made the decision to kidnap him from work.  With the help of a few family members and friends, my plans were then put into action.  That day, our then four-year-old and I attended our oldest son's school Valentine party.  When we finished, I dropped both boys off at Nanny's and Grandad's.  With luggage packed in the car, I headed toward my husband's work.  Everyone at his work, with the exception of him, was in on the whole secret.  They got him busy, with his back toward the door so I could tiptoe in behind him.  With a blindfold in hand, I quietly made my way toward him, and slipped it over his head.  He said, "Ok, what's up?"  I whispered, "You have to come with me.  You're being kidnapped."  I have to say he was a really good sport; better than I would have been, for sure!   So I led him blindfolded out the door and helped him into my car.  I began our little journey by driving  him all over town on backroads--now you have to remember that I live in a small town.  After a bit, I started toward our final destination.  When we got there, I stopped the car and asked him if he knew where we were.  He knew the area we were in but still didn't understand why.  I couldn't believe it!  I would have been so turned around.  I have a hard enough time with directions when I can see where I'm going.  LOL  I opened the car door, and we heard a very familiar sound.....waterfalls.  Now he knew for sure the EXACT SPOT we were at.  However, he still didn't understand why.....
Well, it was because the old mill had been recently renovated and was now a B & B!
A B & B for some R & R.....
Relaxation and Romance!!

So, this year on our 22nd Valentine Wedding Anniversary, we are going back!  Yippee! 
There won't be a blindfold this time, but nonetheless, it will be a trip to remember!
 So here are some pics of where we are heading this year on Valentine weekend!

This sweet little B & B is a little rustic, but has a lot of charm.  
And it has all you need.....

southern hospitality, yummy food, antiques,


 a pretty view,

and a secluded room.
This is The Falls Room.....
named for the Falls because they are
RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR!

The Falls!


We are so excited!  
This is SO us!

Until next time,
Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca
     

3 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

aaahh this sounds so fun!!
what a great time you are going to have!!!
congrats.
hope all is well.
happy new years.

oxoxox,
jessi

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! Thank you for telling me about your doggy and the Christmas Gifts. We love dogs over here at Whimsical Whites. Kathy

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What a wonderful gift to give your husband. A surprise AND romance! You cannot shake a stick to that one. I am sure that he will always remember the special time you planned for him.

Lovely, lovely and idyllic place for a getaway weekend.

xo
Becky

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin