Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jolly Ol' England


Did you watch the royal wedding last week?  I set my alarm a little early so I could enjoy some of the ceremony before getting ready for work.  Wow!  What a gorgeous royal couple they were, indeed!  Kate was so elegant and poised.  Her dress was just absolutely perfect!  And WOW!  Kate did her own makeup. The way Prince William and Kate looked adoringly at each other was such a sharp contrast to the wedding of his parents where that "spark" was just not there!  I loved Princess Di, and her fate was such a tragic one.  



As I watched the fabulous wedding, I remembered my trip to London, and my tour of Westminster Abbey.  You just can't imagine the beauty of this place!

  Then to watch the royal family emerge from the balcony, I could hardly believe that I actually stood there in front of the palace, witnessing some royal event eight years ago!  And then to top it all off, to hear that Kensington Palace is where the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will reside...another of my favs on my trip.  I especially loved the Princess Di's display of dresses.  It was truly the trip of a lifetime, but oh how I long to go back someday! 



Can you tell I heart crowns?  lol

Speaking of hearts.....LOVE THIS!!!

With all the talk about London, I thought I'd share some of my English favs!

Kensington High Street...the area that our hotel was located in.  We passed by these shops daily to get to the tube.  

The church that was on our route each day as well.  Beautiful!

And just beyond the church was the outdoor, corner flower shop.

We bought a ton of these biscuits curls from Marks and Spencer.  We even brought boxes home with us.

Double Decker Bus

Yes, it is true that I jumped off in the middle of the street with cars passing me...and they were driving in the WRONG direction!  lol  I thought the bus was at our stop, and that's what people do...jump off.  However, we were only at a traffic light...which I couldn't see for the crowd of people standing around me!  lol  I could see my friend's face peering out the back with the most bewildered look on her face.  My thoughts were racing, and I wondered how in the heck I was going to find her again!  lol  Luckily, just a short distance was our stop anyway.  Oh, how we laughed over this one!

Great architecture!

Quaint Pubs

FABulous shopping.....like...

LIBERTY

SELFRIDGE'S

HARROD'S
You aren't allowed to take pictures inside of Harrod's.  

However...

 I did manage to get a shot of Diana's and Dodi's memorial.

Yummy Sweets...like...



And Antique shops...


and PORTOBELLO ROAD!!!!!




And this is only a SMALL part of our trip, as we were there for 10 days.  Ahhhh, how I wish to go back someday!

And now, I'll leave you with this...just released...

The Royal Wedding Couple and Wedding Party
and take a look at what the cutie little girl has on her hand.   Bwahahahaha
PRECIOUS!

Hope you royally enjoy your weekend!

Cheerio...
Rebecca

1 comment:

Cottage Rose said...

Oh wow such gorgeous photos of your trip... what fun you had...thank you for sharing them... I did get up at 3:30 to see the wedding. It was indeed beautiful.. they do make a stunning couple...
Have a wonderful Mothers Day

Hugs;
Alaura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin