Tuesday, June 28, 2011

P is for Patchwork

Some of my favorite childhood memories involve creating things out of a variety of items.  {I always loved making collages too, which is somewhat similar!} 

The first memory I have of creating something like this, was from second grade.  Our teacher had us bring in ribbon, lace, scraps of material, pipe cleaners, felt, etc.  I can remember sitting with my best friend creating a picture of a little girl from pieces of felt, ribbon, material, buttons, etc.  

One of my favorite gifts when I was young came from a relative that had brought back a doll purse from the Phillipines.  She was made of straw and was created with pieces of fabric. 
 
I am still drawn to art that has been created from scraps of material.  It's really cool how simple things from childhood can carry over to adulthood like that. 

I found this little picture at a local shop several years ago.  It found a home in my kitchen right away.  It just makes me smile!

Are you drawn to anything in particular that stems from a childhood love or treasure?

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin