Saturday, May 12, 2012

Shabby Chic and Mother's Day

Happy Pink Saturday
and 
Happy Mother's Day!

Slowly, my home is becoming Shabby Chic.  

Empty Nest is HARD, and there have been lots of tears, so I decided to take on a transformation of several rooms in our home to keep myself busy.  

Shabby chic is making its way in...and I'm loving it! 

I know, I keep showing my peonies...oh how I adore them!!!

I'm really lovin' some dried flowers!  I found a sweet shop on Etsy that has the best dried flowers!



Since all of my family was in town last weekend for hubby's graduation/pinning ceremony {I'm so proud of my Magna Cum Laude graduate!}, we celebrated Mother's Day early.  

It was great to have both of my boys, my daughter-in-love, granddaughter, and the other son's girlfriend here.  After the pinning, everyone came to our home to celebrate!  
Then after church on Sunday, we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch.  

It was a great day!
It was a great weekend!
SO BLESSED!

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm thinking about and missing my Mother!  It hasn't gotten easier yet.

I'm linking to Beverly's PINK SATURDAY.

Blessings,

4 comments:

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

Rebecca Love, Didn't you know the fastest way to get kids back is to redecorate their rooms into a space that you really want to use?? LOL
It works with girls- not so sure about boys. As for momma, I think it will sting forever for me- but then I tell myself that she's just making sure I don't forget who's the boss!!
The best thing I have found is to let yourself cry and hurt and grieve- don't stuff it like I did cause it will eventually come out anyway. Try making a lovely fun art journal with photocopies of favorite pictures and write down all the things you ever wanted her to know. Make pretty paintings or drawings for her. It doesn't have to be Fine Art- actually nobody will ever see it if you don't want them to- but mum will love it and won't care how good an artist you are! Bring onto paper all of the love in your heart as an expression of appreciation of what she has done for you. If journaling isn't your thing- make a shadowbox with things that remind you of her, and tuck a letter inside for her.
Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day and Pink Saturday as well! It was nice visiting you!
Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies!

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

PS- I know she is looking down and is so proud of the woman you are!
She is still with you even if not on the earth. You are loved!

Marianne C. said...

Happy Mother's Day, Rebecca. Transformations can be exhilarating and fun.

Blessings,
Marianne

The Tablescaper said...

Happy Mother's Day. It would be wonderful to be a part of Seasonal Sundays. You might be interested in my $100.00 Give Away.

- The Tablescaper

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin