Friday, February 22, 2008

Black Furniture and George Washington


I "heart" this piece in my dining room. I found it in an antique shop here in town a while back. It isn't an antique, but I thought it was cute, and the price was right....$38.00! Wow!!


I love this sweet little vintage cabinet. It houses some of my crystal serving dishes and plates.
Same antique shop.....$22.00! Wow!


This cute little vintage table was at the same antique shop. Yep, another great deal! $28.00!


We got our black entertainment cabinet at Haverty's. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!

So, now you can see firsthand, I love black furniture!

~George Washington~
Today is George Washington's birthday. My kids at school wrote a letter to General Washington and President Washington (whichever they chose) to "ask" him about life during that time. This assignment was twofold: They were using what they had learned about that time in our country to ask him smart questions AND they were practicing writing friendly letters. They really had fun with it!
Now, here's a picture that I have in my Americana collection:
(sitting on my little vintage black rocking chair)


Happy Birthday George!

Friday's Feast

Appetizer

Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim? We are always playing jokes on each other, so I can't narrow it down to just one!

Soup

What do your salt and pepper shakers look like? I have several vintage S & P shakers, but we don't have them on our table. I season when I cook, and that's it!

Salad

Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)? I hope Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this summer

Main Course

What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry? Bath & Body Midnight Pomegranite

Dessert

Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name. Super Duper Banana Split Pie: ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge, sliced bananas, cherries, nuts, graham cracker pie crust

Hugs and Blessings,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin