Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm Game If You Are!*and*A Lovely Blog Award!


I LOVE vintage game boards!  
These are one of my favorite collections!

The multicolored boards add such fun to a room!  Board games have been enjoyed over many centuries.  The first recorded game board was a game called Senet which dates back as early as 3500 BC!  It wasn't until after 1839 when lithography came into use that multicolored game boards became available.  During the 20th century these games started to be known by everyone.  Many of these games are still alive and popular today, thanks to the internet.  However, I love these games as a form of art.  I love the way they liven up a wall with their cheerful colors!

So, what's your game?

Checkers, Backgammon, Parcheesi?
Perhaps Chinese Checkers?










Wow!  I just was awarded this Lovely Blog Award!
It was given to me by Madeline at Hydrangea Cottage.
Oh thank you, thank you Madeline!

Now here are the rules for each recipient:

1.  Put the logo on your blog or post.
2.  Nominate other blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude
3.  Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4.  Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5.  Share the love and link to this post, and to the person from whom you received your award.

So, here are my nominees of this lovely blog award.
Be sure to go by and visit their lovely blogs.

Jessi at Scrappy Jessi

And thanks once again to Madeline for presenting me this award!  Be sure to go by her sweet bloggy home!  You'll be glad you did!

Blessings,
Rebecca

6 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for visiting my blog. We do live at Fairfield Glade --but have been to Tansi several times.

I'm enjoying your blog. You obviously have a wonderful life. Where in TN are you????

Hope you come back to my blog often. I'll keep checking yours.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca! Thank you so much for the award...It's my very first...I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I don't know how to put the logo on my post...I'll see what I can do about the rest...Thanks again...xoxo...Katie

Anonymous said...

hey sweets,
thanks!!
i collect gameboards, primitive ones. i love these.
oxoxo,
jessi

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Rebecca...Just want you to know the comment that says "Greg" was from me...I accidentally entered his google info. instead of mine...Take care, Katie

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Well thank you! (this is such a pretty award...however...I haven't posted others and so I'd better not this one)...You are very sweet!

I LOVE old gameboards! I only have one and it is the dickens to hang so I haven't...it is probably 24 inches round! with a hole in the middle! I have some cardboard lids off of really old games and they are cool...one day I'd like to frame them. My boys don't love vintage like I do and it is their rooms I'd hang them in LOL!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Rebecca!!! I have always admired these old game boards but have never bought one. I love the graphics. Hmmm..favorite game? I think I like Chinese Checkers and Backgammon.

You are just a doll to share your award with me. (((hugs))) to you and I am just so touched by your thoughtfulness!!!

I hope you are doing well and having a fabulous weekend.

xoxox
Becky

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin