I LOVE vintage game boards!
These are one of my favorite collections!
The multicolored boards add such fun to a room! Board games have been enjoyed over many centuries. The first recorded game board was a game called Senet which dates back as early as 3500 BC! It wasn't until after 1839 when lithography came into use that multicolored game boards became available. During the 20th century these games started to be known by everyone. Many of these games are still alive and popular today, thanks to the internet. However, I love these games as a form of art. I love the way they liven up a wall with their cheerful colors!
So, what's your game?
Checkers, Backgammon, Parcheesi?
Perhaps Chinese Checkers?
Wow! I just was awarded this Lovely Blog Award!
It was given to me by Madeline at Hydrangea Cottage.
Oh thank you, thank you Madeline!
Now here are the rules for each recipient:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate other blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post, and to the person from whom you received your award.
So, here are my nominees of this lovely blog award.
Be sure to go by and visit their lovely blogs.
Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams
Jessi at Scrappy Jessi
Katie at Hazel's Vintage Pretties
Alice at Inspired Tokens
Phyllis at Shabby In The City
And thanks once again to Madeline for presenting me this award! Be sure to go by her sweet bloggy home! You'll be glad you did!