Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday and A Prayer

Hope you are having a nice Good Friday.  While I was happy to have the day off of work, I am focused more on what today means.  Because of Jesus and the cross, I am forgiven.  Thank you Jesus for loving me and thinking of me, even though I don't deserve it.   

What a day this has been!  I was going to be posting earlier today, but the weather took a rough turn!  Severe weather and tornadoes ripped through middle Tennessee.  For a few hours, we couldn't reach my niece {and great niece} in their town where three tornadoes demolished their subdivision and ripped across the interstate!  Praise be to God!  They are ok!!  My niece saw the tornado coming, ran next door, grabbed her little girl, and got back to their house before it hit two streets away!  We have been watching coverage all day, when we weren't taking shelter, and can't believe the devastation that has hit Murfreesboro!  My heart goes out to these people.  Thank goodness there have only been two fatalities, but sure wish there wasn't even those.  It was a young mother and a nine weeks old baby.  I had some friends there shopping today, as most everyone had the day off, and they were in lock down mode at Barnes and Noble and other stores.  So glad they made it back home {45 min. away} safely!  My heart breaks for these people.  Please say a prayer for the people of Murfreesboro as they deal with the aftermath of this disaster.  
God Bless You All On This Good Friday!
Rebecca

4 comments:

Country Romantic said...

Hi Rebecca,

It's nice to meet you and thank you for visiting my project friday. :)

I enjoyed peeking around your blog and your dog reminds me of the dog on the movie we saw last night, "Marley and Me" which I cried through. :)

I love dogs. They are so adorable.

Happy Easter to you and your family. And I agree with praying for all those that had the tornados last night. We had them here in the Ozarks of Missouri too.

Hugs & Blessings,

~Katherine~

Julie said...

Thank goodness everyone is okay...Thank you for your sweet comments...It worked..I kept my eyes closed the whole time!! Thanks for the advice...I will continue praying that everything is okay with your family after the storm...Hugs Julie

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Rebecca, That was horrible about that mother and baby getting killed in Murfreesboro, wasn't it????

We were lucky---and it sounds like you were also. Now--we can relax and enjoy the Easter weekend.

Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Betsy

Lallee said...

Rebecca, I'm so glad you are OK, and your family. Easter blessings to you. Tennessee is in my prayers, and today Kentucky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin