Friday, February 5, 2010

Lotsa Love

As many of you know, I had my last two wisdom teeth extracted recently...two weeks to be exact...and it ain't been pretty! For 10 days I was in {almost} constant pain with a few exceptions. I made 4 trips to the dentist, retakes on X-rays, more prodding and poking...and nothing showed up! My dentist referred me to an oral surgeon which prodded and poked some more. He even took X-rays and nothing showed up. So he decided to do "exploratory" surgery on Tuesday of this week. Low and behold he found a root that was left behind...which never showed up on any of my X-rays. Whew! So here we are 2 weeks later {which I have been off of work for} feeling like I'm on the mend. I had one really hard day after the surgery and then one great day where I felt so good! Today, I hurt a little but I think it's because I am now eating real food again, and have aggravated the area in my mouth. But I am most hopeful!
Well, the day after surgery, on the day I had much pain, several things happened that made me feel better despite the pain... The gorgeous flowers {pictured above} arrived from the faculty/staff from my school. Aren't they beautiful?!? Then friend, Kathy, who is also on my third grade team shows up at my door with a gift restaurant card, a gift from our Literacy Leader, and cards from all of my students. Boy, I really needed that! The cards were full of precious drawings of me {dressed in pink, of course!}, Maggie, the classroom, and student self portraits. The sweet cards were full of "get well" wishes. Their notes said how much they miss me, that they love me, and they were "being nice to the sub" to quote one of my sweet girls! LOL They are such a wonderful class * I miss them like crazy * and I knew they would "be nice to the sub". They are so funny.
Isn't this sweet?!?
If you can see in the corners, the word pink was written and then highlighted with pink crayon.

Wow! Jewelry always makes a girl feel better! Thanks Sherrie!

So then, the day gets better...
And you'll have to read the next post to find out why....*snicker*giggle*giggle*

Blessings,
Rebecca

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Rebecca~~~

Wow! I feel so bad for you having to go through all of that pain and all of those procedures, but I am glad they got to the 'root' of the problem (I hope that made you smile!!!). I'm so happy you are feeling better. The nice gifts you received are wonderful and the cards from your students are too cute. It is obvious you are much loved!! :-)

Take care!!

xoxo
Janie

Lisa said...

Oh I am so sorry! I never got wisdom teeth but my mom had a bad time with hers too. I do so hope you are feeling better soon! Lovely flowers and sweet cards.
Hugs, Lisa

All things nice... said...

Rebecca,

Oh sounds like you had a difficult time with those teeth, I don't have wisdom teeth and the dentist told me I will never get them :) I'm strange. I have nightmares sometimes that my teeth are falling out, it is awful. I'm glad your on the mend. So many people sent you cards and gifts how sweet of them :)You deserve it :)

All things nice..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin