Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall Break * Part One

First week of fall break has proven to be a busy, but fun one.  Last Saturday, we met my sister and BIL in Alabama at Peach Park. 

We met there to trade my great-niece {my sister's/BIL's grandaughter} for my Daddy who is now living fulltime at my sister's. 

I love Peach Park!  This is halfway between our house and my sister's house in Mississippi.  So, this is our regular meeting place when my Daddy comes to visit us.

Chilton County is known for their peaches.  Georgia has nothing on these peaches from Alabama...and Peach Park is a peachy paradise!  Oh*Em*Gee!  You can get peaches, peach preserves, peach taffy, fried peach pies, peach cobbler, peach pound cake...and my favorite...fresh peach ice cream!!!  Unbelievably peachy!  There is an open air market, small restaurant, cute little park, and rockers that overlook it.  And it is decorated for the season at hand.

Throughout the week, Daddy and I have visited with some of his old friends, as well as going to lunch, and my physical therapy {today was my last day...for my back}.  And Daddy even saw an old friend there, and enjoyed catching up while I had my therapy.

Today is my sweet hubby's 53rd birthday.  We took him out to eat at his favorite Mexican restaurant. 

Our oldest son and his girlfriend, and...

my niece and my new nephew joined us for dinner. 

We had a great time. 

Daddy is really starting to get into Mexican food.  He really likes tamales!

And they really know how to treat their birthday guests at Casa Mexico!  lol

Our youngest son had already left for Knoxville where we will be joining him for a special weekend...which you will hear about soon.

Hope you all have had a wonderful week, with those that you love.  Have a most blessed weekend, and come back tomorrow for Pink Saturday!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin