Happy 104th Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Who doesn't love The Cat In The Hat!?! I amaze my students every year, as I recite this from memory. After reading it for years to first my own kids and then many, many students, who wouldn't!?! hee hee
Actually I love all of Dr. Seuss books! Some of my other favs are
*Hop On Pop
*One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
*Green Eggs And Ham
Dr. Suess, Theodor Seuss Geisel, would have been 104 years old yesterday. This week at school it is Read Across America and Dr. Seuss week. I love this week each year.
Not only will we be sharing lots of Dr. Seuss books, we have some fun days planned for the kids. Today, we wore green and had green eggs and ham, for....you guessed it....Green Eggs And Ham.
Tomorrow, we will wear our crazy socks for Fox In Socks.
Wednesday, I'm Not Going To Get Up Today, so we will wear our jammies. Thursday, we will wear red and blue for Red Fish, Blue Fish, and Friday, The Cat in the Hat will pay a visit to our school to read to the students. So we will wear our favorite crazy hat. This week will prove to be loads of fun!!
Here are a couple of Dr. Seuss websites that you might want to share with your little ones. They will have such fun with these!
The Cat In The Hat
Happy 104th Birthday Dr. Seuss. Thank you for such fun stories!
First Signs of Spring
I love my buttercups. Not only are they a sign of spring, but they are just so pretty and cheerful! Now, I am not a lover of the color yellow, but these are just too beautiful. Wouldn't these be awesome in a pretty vase! These buttercups are around my mailbox but I have them in front of the porch and by the deck in the backyard. They withstood the snow last week and hopefully will make it through the snow that is due in tonight. Just thought I'd share these pretty little spring surprises.
*Banned From WalMart*
No, not me! hee hee
I got this funny email from my dear friend/sister site, Renee.
I can only imagine this little man in WalMart doing these things as his wife shops!
Enjoy this letter that "Mrs. Fenton" received from Wal-Mart.
Dear Mrs. Fenton,
Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a
commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and may be
forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against Mr.
Fenton are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance
1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the al arm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away.'
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.
6. September 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.
8. September 23: When a clerk asked if she could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'
9. October 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. November 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the anti-depressants were.
11. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the ' Mission Impossible' theme.
12. December 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.
13. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'
14. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'
And last, but not least...
15. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!'
Hope you enjoyed!
Hugs and Blessings,